Monday, March 27, 2006

Hello California!

We made it... the flight was a long one but I tend to sleep a lot when flying so it went by pretty fast. Our layover in London was only for 2 hrs, and since it's SO much fun to ppl watch, the time went by super fast.

California is wonderful. The weather is just fabulous... cool during the day - in the 60's - and chilly at night.

Today, I got to watch the Price Is Right, which is my ALL TIME favorite daytime game show. I haven't seen it since moving to Bahrain, so I was just tickled pink to see it! It's been on for well over 30 years and I just love Bob Barker and all the Barker beauties. It's just toooo good! My favorite thing is to try to out guess the contestants on the show and try to win at the show down (end of the show) and today I would have won.... gosh, if only I were on the show! ;)

I will have to admit, I love being able to sit down in front of the TV and understand everything. I know that MBC4 and One TV are in English but the commercials are in Arabic a lot and different from here... so it's a welcomed change.

This morning we ran to the grocery store.... gosh.. I think I could have walked around the aisles for at least an hour, but we didn't. I'm glad we brought extra baggage... there are so many things I'll want to take back to Bahrain. I miss the big grocery stores.... so much stuff.... I love stuff! :)

Aaaahhh... it feels nice to be here. I've missed the States.... and I've really missed my family. My mom is great... she looks terrific and my little niece - she's a doll.

Take care everyone... don't know how often I'll be posting..... oh yeah, we'll be going to Vegas this coming weekend for my mom's bday, so we're all excited about that. It's the first time for the hubby to see Vegas and I'm sure he'll love it. I'll tell you all about it when we get back.

Peace, love.... and take care!

No comments: