Tuesday, April 22, 2008

where has the time gone???

It's been a while since posting.... time flies by so fast, putting off things becomes secondary nature. Not that I haven't thought about blogging, about my friends who blog, and wondered what everyone has been up to in the last few months... but life has a way of grabbing you, at times, and not letting go.

Naief started walking a little today. Both Hashim and I were thrilled. I've been waiting patiently... ok, not all the time, but trying to, and it was today that he decided to take those steps towards me and his daddy. It's thrilling to see your child walking for the first time! and it's sooo cute! He wobbles back and forth...trying to keep his balance, only to sit down when he's had enough or about to fall. Truly, it's the sweetest thing.

gosh... life is strange at times, you know. I picked up this book that I heard about on Oprah. It's called A New Earth. At first, after reading about 50 pages, I had to put it down. But after picking it up and really taking the ego out of it.... the book has become something that's hard to put down. Its good. Has anyone out there read this? And, if so, what do you think?

I went to a woman several Saturday's ago that did this energy type of healing on me. She does everything thru energy and places her hands on you, underneath you and whatnot. During the appointment, she spent most of her time on my legs and lower back. This procedure is actually called Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy. Never heard of it before this. After the visit, I felt incredibly at peace. And before the consultation was over, when she had her hands and arms under my lower back, the only thing I could feel was my heart beating - thruout my whole body. It was peaceful. Makes a person long for that.....

My back actually stopped hurting for more than 2 wks. Come to find out, she's coming back at the end of May. I'd like to see her again.... Weird that my back doesn't hurt like before. Something worked and changed things....

Do you believe in energy fields??? Within the body?

How are all of you? I miss chatting... reading blogs.

11 comments:

Puppy said...

Good to see you back to blogging:)

I have been up to photography, please check my blog, i would love to hear your comments.

Apart from that - u know :)

Any new pics of Naief? ;)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely... I do believe in energies big time .

Pearl Morale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pearl Morale said...

I do believe in that - it's incredible, almost, just almost magical.

At first, I thought you were describing Reiki, as what the woman was doing sounded similar to it. I'd love to go when I come back. Where can I find her?

Thanks - and hey! congrats on Naief taking his first few steps!! :)

Just Jane said...

What exactly did she do? Was it like massage or just moving her hands above your body?

I can't believe your little one is walking already. Seems like he was just born.

Um Naief said...

lulwa, she's from the States and only stopped by on her way to India, but will be coming back at the end of May and staying part of June. will you be around here during that time? she'll be staying at this drs house at the end of may and won't charge the same cost as she did when i saw her, but in june, she'll start doing the services from the same place again and will charge BD40 for it. i would HIGHLY recommend seeing her. it was truly incredible.

just a girl, there was no massage whatsoever. she first took ahold of my ankles w/ her hands and kept them on there for a long time. matter of fact, my legs went numb, after that, she moved her arms under my back and below my butt area and kept them there for a long time. this is when i could feel nothing but my heart beating. after that, she moved back to my ankles.

Pearl Morale said...

Thanks for the info. I will be around the first week of June and onwards, so I'll definately have to go see her!! She sounds incredible and exactly what I need after the pressure and stress of exams...
Thanks :) xxx

Um Naief said...

luwla, since you'll be here, you'll be able to see her at the Health House in Hamad Town. they get pretty booked or did the last time she was here, so give em a call and see if you can get on the schedule or such. the Health House looked fab, but i haven't tried any of their services. have you ever been there??

Um Naief said...

and sorry for the misspelling of your name!!!

Olivia said...

If I hadn't seen two posts from you, I was planning to say I missed you round here, but to my relief, here you are :)

I'd love to try that therapy one day. I wonder where the focus would be for me.

Congrats to Naief for his first steps. He is a late walker, like me. Hopefully it means he will be able to walk like a trooper.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Is there any way you can get that woman to take a detour to Japan? ;-)

Great news about Naief! I know the Thrill of the Walk well. I'm sure he'll be running in no time.