Thursday, January 28, 2010

planning a party

Started planning Naief's 3rd birthday yesterday. Hubby was still undecided until then on whether or not we should do it, but he relented and said yes :) We'll do it here at home and, believe it or not, I'm going to try my luck at making him a train bday cake! I looked online and they look relatively easy... so I'm gonna go for it.

Thought we'd keep it small, but by the time you start putting your list together, the number of kids grows real fast. But it'll be fun and he'll enjoy it, I think.

Gonna do a water balloon toss, musical chairs, pinata (sponge bob) and hubby will grill some Arabic meat and we'll do finger sandwiches, chips, dips, fruit salad, and cake and ice cream. The weather has been nice during the day, so the majority of the time we'll spend outside and then if the kids get restless, maybe we'll stroll up to the park after eating.

Gonna invite the in-laws, so it'll be interesting to see who comes.

Me and a friend are gonna take the kids to see Avatar tomorrow. We first thought it might be too violent, but we've both heard that it's not bloody or anything, and the fight scene is pretty tame, so I think it'll be an interesting experience - especially in 3D. I'm wondering how Naief will do wearing the glasses.... can't see him wanting to keep them on... but maybe he might.

Think we'll look at a German Sheppard puppy tomorrow. It's a girl and she's black and brown. We saw one today and found out that there's a puppy that's being sold... and hubby agreed... and she's not too expensive... so who knows, maybe we'll get a new puppy. Naief would love that, and a puppy could grow up with us and the cats, which will be good. Don't know for sure that it'll happen... but it could... :)

Naief is better now. Will take his antibiotics until Sat., and they've already made a huge difference. No coughing, no runny nose and he hasn't complained of any kind of ear ache, but think we'll take him in for a re-check next wk w/ his pediatrician and just make sure it's all cleared up.

That's about it for me. Nothing too exciting happening on this side of the pond. Hope you all have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Puppy said...

Wow, u r a Master/Queen of the kitchen :))))) Train cake, that will be smth:)))))

R u getting Naief a puppy as a present? Nice, nice, nice...

Please let me know how Avatar goes, i havent seen it myself, i still think its not a movie just visual effects. I dont think its a movie in his old meaning with actions and idea u get from the mimic expression. Story can be described in one line. Boring, no?

let me know what u think of it, i really interested to hear ur opinion.

Christopher said...

Awww yay!! He'll have a wonderful birthday! I'm glad he's feeling better too!

And a PUPPY!!! I'm so excited for you!! I'll of course be sending my usual puppy advice...but I am so excited for you, you have no idea.

Rock Chef said...

3???? How did that happen? I remember when he was just sitting up!

The party sounds great, perfect for a 3 year old. Post pics of the cake?

The puppy sounds great too. German Sheppards tend to be great with kids and, of course, great guard dogs too.

Have fun!

Muzafari said...

Yea, it would be nice to see the cake and BTW Iv seen Avatar and its a really good movie in a way it shows how man kind is evil and it always wants to destroy things, there's no blood but kind of thriller action just a tiny bit in it. Theres explosions and lots of fire arm :P! But I think he will love that part, I hope the birthday goes well inshalla

Puppy said...

How was the party? how was a cake? :))) Happy Birthday to Naief and congratulations to you and Hashim:))))

CHEEEEEERRRSSSSSSSSS

D.W said...

Congrats on the puppy! I'm sure you'll all be happy adding him to your family! :)

Happy birthday to little Naief, and good luck with the party!

P.S
If the in-laws don't show, it might be a good thing. :/