Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's resolutions

For many, over in Bahrain, New Year's Eve is this coming evening. For us in the States, it's tomorrow evening.... either way, it makes me sit back and contemplate resolutions. In the past, I've tended to set some type of goal or want for myself, sometimes achieving it and sometimes not. I've been known to make lists of things I intend to change, try to achieve, give up and whatnot. To some degree or another, I've usually wound up being disappointed in myself for not sticking w/ it or not doing it well enough (that Virgo side of me) or at all, sooooo.....
Nowadays, I try not to set resolutions or if I do, I try not to set more than just a couple. Can't say that I have any for the coming year. I think about things I'd like to change or do differently, but I'm not dead set on changing something in my life... or am I????

I know I'd like to lose some weight, but crap... what happened to my motivation??? If I can't get motivated after having 3 women ask me if I'm pregnant, then nothing will motivate me! And I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing that question!! Ok, I have a poochy tummy, but lordy, I don't LOOK PREGNANT!!! Or, at least, I don't think I do.

I'd like to start cutting a lot of sugar out of my diet, but coming from someone that loves candy, it's gonna be hard. I can pretty much mentally psyche myself out w/ things in order to stop certain habits or to not eat certain foods/drinks and such, but for some reason, it's not so easy when it comes to candy. I desperately love candy .... on days. :)

Ok... so, I've listed a couple things. I'd rather not think about it too much or I might start making lists again! ;)

How about you? Do you have any or are you flying solo this year?

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year!
Ok number 1. (and i'm not just saying this to make you feel better) YOU DO NOT LOOK PREGNANT! I really don't understand what's up with people.

I'm with you, i think keeping it simple and setting attainable goals is far more productive than setting a bunch of goals and then not reaching any of them, and feeling like you failed.

What I used to do prepregnancy is I would set attainable wieght loss goals and give myself a deadline. 3 months from now i'd like to have lost X lbs. Once you attain that goal, it becomes so much easier to keep going.

If you haven't look at the book I gave you, you should totally start flipping through it. Inshallah post delivery I want to go back on that and hopefully shed some of these lovely layers of warmth ;)

The Moody Minstrel said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

I never make a new year resolution. Instead, I just look at it as a new beginning, resetting all the dials and getting ready to start the cycle again. If things change for the better this time around, wonderful. If not, well, hopefully at least I'm able to maintain a comfortable medium.

Dieting is not the answer (says Moody after eating a triple portion of dinner followed by a package of crackers, a can of salmon pate, and a chunk of Camembert cheese...not to mention champagne...). Exercise is. Get yourself moving, girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I understand about the weight thing. It's horrible when asked if you are pregnant and you are not. It's happened to me.

By the way, your boy gets more and more beautiful the older he grows.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :)

I'm coming with terms in the fact that I'm setting no resolutions this year.

Just go with the flow, is what I say :)

The Moody Minstrel said...

Uh, oh...

I think you linked a picture from someone else's blog, and they pulled a nasty switcheroo on you!

The same thing has happened to me before. Change the image link, quick!

Um Naief said...

moody, you know, i did a search on google and found that pic there, but it wasn't linked to anyone, or so i thought. that picture was absolutely disgusting!!!! and i didn't even see it until JUST NOW!!! OMG, that was disgusting!!

makes me nervous to use any more pictures at all.

Um Naief said...

btw, Happy New Year you guys! I hope all of you had a nice day and the coming year is good for you.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Resolutions are good to motivate us (at least for a time) and if it's about physical fitness all the better. Yeah, it's a good idea to eat well but carefully and to exercise in moderation. The craziness of Christmas and New Year doesn't help with all those presents of cake and huge meals. Say no more often, I guess.
w.

Puppy said...

Um Naief!!!! Wassup!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I lost my phone with all numbers, including urs.

Its good to see you posting. Naief is soooooooooo sweet. Thanks for sharing your family pics. I might follow you on that.

Happy new year.

Puppy.

Um Naief said...

puppy wassup girl!!! did you have fun in thailand... guess i need to check out your blog to see, huh???

Puppy said...

Um Naief, yeahhh it was fun, that i ended up in Thai Hospital Intensive Care Unit, for 3 days after accident. Check my blog, i will add more pics soon.

Cheers
Puppy.