Tuesday, September 19, 2006
My mind has been filled w/ music today. My fav song of late is Sexyback w/ Justin Timberlake. I never wanted to like this song... cuz I don't care for the guy.. but, I really am really crazy for it! I hum it all the time. I'm also really liking James Blunt as of late. I saw him on Oprah... and he seems so, uhhhh, I don't know.. so soulful. Not in his singing, altho I really like his voice, but, I mean, in his heart. Who knows tho, maybe he's not. I do like his music though.
Well, this got me to thinking about concerts and all the concerts I've been to, so I thought it would be fun to share all of them w/ you and then see which on my list you've seen and to add your own.
So.. here goes.. now.. I may not remember all of them, but I hope. Oh yeah.. I WILL for sure take a pic, when I get home, of all of my old concert tickets, cuz I've saved all of them or most of them - NO KIDDING!
1) My first concert was to Heart and John Cougar (he's now John Mellancamp). I really liked John Mellancamp.. he was raised in Bloomington which is a short drive from where I grew up. Me and my girlfriend made fake passes on our hands w/ markers and got down on the floor for Heart. It was fabulous! It was my first concert and we stood on the chairs. One guy asked to see our tickets and we pretended to have lost them. He was cool and let us stay there w/ him. We were probably 4 or 5 rows back from the stage. :)
Now, I can't remember all the concerts in order, so I'll just write them down and maybe make comments here and there.
2) Rick Springfield. yes.. I did go see him. Actually, he made my heart throb. I remember when the lights went down and he was coming out on stage.. oh gosh, my legs started shaking so bad I could hardly stand it. His concert was great! I still like some of his old stuff. :)
3) Journey. Loved this show. I still think that Steve Perry has one of the best voices I've ever heard.
4) The Cure. I went there to see their opening act, but I can't remember who it was. My girlfriend, Caren, wanted to see this band really bad, so we went. I found myself loving their music after this.
5) one group I saw used to wear red tight pants but I cant remember the name of this band. I'll have to look when I get home, or maybe I'll remember in a few. edit: band was Loverboy. Does anyone remember this group? I think they were a three hit wonder ;)
6) Rush. Hated this concert! I've never liked this band and went w/ a school chum to see the concert. It was way too loud and lasted way too long.
7) George Michael. I adore him and loved this concert. He controlled the crowd like no one I've seen since. I stood in line starting at 4 a.m. w/ my girlfriends and younger sister to get tickets, and we still got lousy seats! But it was still a fab concert.
8) The Rolling Stones. Good concert but would have preferred better seats. During the concert, someone fell back on their seat and collapsed all the rows in back of them.
9) Bush. I had front row tickets! I thought I'd die during the concert because everyone rushed the stage and I couldn't breathe. They only played a few songs, which sucked and pissed me off.
10) Billy Idol. Man, oh man, that was a good concert. He fell off the stage during the show and stayed down on the floor for a bit... he was totally out of it during the whole show.
11) AC/DC. Good show but they kept taking drug breaks after every set, which I didn't like. What's his face took off his pants and ran around the crowd.. that was interesting. ;)
12) Rod Stewart. Really good show. This was later in his career after he had mellowed somewhat. I really enjoyed it.
13) Kiss FM show w/ many artists including Milli Venilli (however that's spelled) and Ton Loc... if it's spelled that way.
14) Berlin. Oh man, I love Berlin!! This was a fantastic show! She has such a great voice.
15) B-52s - Great show!
16) Cindy Lauper - Another great show!
17) Prince. Good show but it freaked me out afterwards - a bunch of ppl got into a huge fight before leaving Reunion and I got trapped. During the show, I was pretty mad because he didn't sing any of my fav songs.
18) Robert Plant. Good show and good seats. He came over to where I was sitting at one point and looked right into my eyes! ;)
19) Michael Jackson. Good show. I actually was really thrilled to see him. This was years ago when he was really quite popular. And he put on a great show.
20) Elton John. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! He's a terrific artist and this was before he came out and he did all the fantastic costumes. I loved the show.
21) Jewel. This was a nice show. She is a great singer and controlled the audience well.
22) Cher. I love Cher!!! We had the best seats - 3 rows back from the stage and at one point, she looked right in my direction. She puts on a great show... I'll never forget it. This was her farewell tour.
23) Collective Soul. They opened up for Cher. Very good!! Altho, my girlfriend was late and we missed part of the show. I didn't like!
24) Garth Brooks. This was when he was really popular and I was going thru my country phase... thank gaawwwd I'm thru w/ that! ;)
25) Creed. This was the first concert my husband ever went to.. he loved it. We were both Creed fans... and the show was really good. We had great seats too, which makes it all the better!
26) I took my mom to see a country singer that she likes, but I can't remember his name. It was a good concert and she loved it! edit: This was Vince Gill and Tanya Tucker opened up for him. Thanks to my sister for reminding me of this! :)
27) Backstreet Boys. Bad, bad, bad!!! worst concert ever!
28) Def Leppard. My sis reminded me that we saw this concert. How could I forget?!! This was really good. My fav part was when the drummer took a solo and water poured down on him from the ceiling and how he played thru it and how it sounded.... it made the most unusual and hallow type of sound... very cool indeed!
Gosh, I used to go to concerts all the time and have seen others, but I can't remember. I'll look thru my tickets today, take a pic and then maybe edit this post. I'm looking forward to hearing about who you've seen.
edit: sadly, I looked thru my tickets and I don't have as many as I expected! Makes me wonder where so many of them have gone. I don't have many of the latest ones, including Creed... so I wonder if I lost them in the move to Bahrain. I also saved some tickets to various musicals... which I really enjoy.