Years ago, a friend of mine passed on an interesting little book to me. The title is Live and Learn and Pass It On. It lists sentences, basically, of people aged from 5 to 55 sharing what they've discovered about life, love, and other good stuff. It's a small little book, but has 159 pages of these little jewels. Here are a few and then I'm gonna add a few of my own at the bottom. I'd love to hear some of yours as well. Since life is different for all of us, I'm interested to see where it has taken you.
First... from the book... and these are random pullings from the book:
1) I've learned that untold treasures are found in the imagination of a child. - Age 30
2) I've learned that when you judge others, you are revealing your own fears and prejudices. - Age 49
3) I've learned that when I drop a slice of bread with jelly on it, it always lands jelly-side down. - Age 33
4) I've learned that my mother sometimes laughs so hard she snorts. - Age 7
5) I've learned that if there were no problems, there would be no opportunities. - Age 19
6) I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it. - Age 41
7) I've learned that being a success at the office is not worth it if it means being a failure at home. - Age 51
8) I've learned that humming a tune when you're upset can ease your mind. - Age 14
9) I've learned that when Mommy and Daddy shout at each other, it scares me. - Age 5
10) I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better. - Age 75
ok, here are just a few from the book. And here are a few of my own....
1) I've learned to be careful of what you wish for because it might just come true.
2) I've learned that life, indeed, is like a box of chocolates and you never know what you're gonna get.
3) I've learned that it makes you a better person to say that you're sorry.
4) I've learned that I love to spoon and snuggle with my husband at night.
5) I've learned to not be afraid to try new things... that way I don't look back and have regrets.
6) I've learned that I really like to walk barefoot in cold grass.
7) I've learned that life is too short to worry about getting wet in the rain.
8) I've learned that you can eat too many dark chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing!
9) I've learned that I would have rather taken piano lessons than baton twirling lessons.
10) I've learned that there are instances when you shouldn't be completely honest.
Well, this is my list. I can't wait to hear some of yours.