Saturday, April 29, 2006

the trials of travelling

well, it's about 5:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake. Have been for about 2 hrs. That's the bad thing about traveling into three different time zones... getting back to where you can sleep well and not feeling kinda dizzy and out of it for a good few days.

Yesterday I felt real dizzy and sick to my stomach for most of the day but I chalk it up to being up at like 2 and 3 in the morning and trying to overcompensate in your mind, basically tricking myself into believing that it's 12 noon or so... I think it messes w/ the psyche and farts around w/ your brain too much. So, maybe today, I can get my bod back on track. We shall see....

Also think I've contracted a UTI from traveling. Been feeling the pain for the last couple of days and this morning, it's terrible. I haven't had one of these in forever, and the last time I did, it turned into a kidney infection, so I think I'll be heading to the good ole doc today. Not only this but I've been sick for like three wks now and can't lose whatever it is, so I'm hoping to get some meds for that as well. Was gonna see a Doc in a Box/Urgent Care while we were in Cali but it costs like $175 to see one of these ppl and I wasn't about to pay my money for that. Yeah, I'm stingy, but I think that's a little much to possibly be told that I have a virus and there's nothing they can do. Most regular drs. wouldn't see me, even if I wanted to go, because I don't have insurance - which is a crock of crap - so... I decided to wait it out and see if it'd go away, but it hasn't.

Fun fun fun for a day off. But, I'd rather go to the dr., get medicine, and not be going to the little girl's room every 2 mins. feeling this pain! and get meds for this sinus infection that I have or something.

It's good to be back in Bahrain. Can't get over how warm it is ALREADY! It's been quite chilly in Cali, so this is a big change...

Oh yeah... most of the flowers in our garden are dead. I'm wondering if it's the weather or lack of care while we were gone. Don't know.... but.. will soon find out. I have tomato plants growing in some of the strangest places.... I grew them last year and obviously their seeds have populated some of my other garden pots. There's one tomato plant in the pot by our front door and it actually looks quite healthy; altho it has these white little bugs, which I'm assuming are some sort of aphid, all over it. I saw a huge slug this morn making its way to my garden... maybe in the next few days I'll make my way over to this new garden center and see what they have to offer for fancying up the place. :)

Happy day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

white stuff: if it's powdery, it could be white fungus. Neem tree oil should take care of it, mix a minute quantity with a lot of water and spray. Of course you can also use a chemical fungucide... good luck!

Um Naief said...

thanks! it's good to be back. :)

the white stuff looks like bugs, but i'm not sure. they kinda remind me of furry aphids. they were on a jasmine plant but i sprayed it w/ water and a dishwashing liquid mixture and it killed it. but they come back. they also pile up on one another, if that's what they/it is... not sure... that's why i thought aphids. but this season is the first time for seeing such in the garden.

i prefer to use non-chemical substances as well. i will look for this neem tree oil. i hope, in a few days time, to check out the new garden center you talked about. actually, can't wait.