Monday, May 01, 2006

Lonely Days

Good morning mister sunshine,
you brighten up my day.
Come sit beside me in your way.
I see you every morning,
outside the restaurants,
The music plays so nonchalant.
Lonely days, lonely nights. Where would I be without my mother?

ok ok.. I changed the last word there, but hey... it's still the same song.

Well, lastnight was a sleepless night. My eyes are feelin' it this morning. I can only imagine the bags I'll have today and prob the rest of the week from not sleeping. I've been having major insomnia but I've been chalking it up to jet lag. Even when I was in California, I couldn't sleep. It's plagued me before, when I've been really busy or stressed... this time it's from sadness. Usually a sleeping pill or two or three will handle it, but I've tried them for the last few nights and they've had no affect. Last night I didn't take anything... maybe I should have. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....

Funny how sadness creeps up on ya, just when you think the coast is clear. I've been trying to distract my attention on superficial things... but it only lasts for a short bit. Focusing is a difficult chore as of late.

Actually, the hubby said he was surprised at how well I handled leaving my family, and I guess I did handle it well, until this morning.

Thankfully, our missing bag arrived lastnight. So... we have presents to share. That'll be nice and I'm hoping it'll lift my spirits.

No comments: