Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Models of Success Premier

For the past two evenings, we have done probably more than we've done in a year. We go out to the same haunts a lot and frequent a few coffee shops now and then - especiallty Al Wadi Cafe - but night before last we went to the Models of Success Premier at Seef Mall and, I'll have to say, I was very impressed. The documentary was 30 mins but, to me, it felt more like 10 and left me wanting more. The target audience for the documentary is 15 - 18 yr olds.... and since lil ole me is just a wee bit older than that, I found that I could have sat and watched the main women of the program talk a good while longer on their successes, obstacles and on their advise to women.... but, so happy for me, Ali Al Saeed is writing a book that will be more in-depth and cover a lot of the issues that I found missing and wanting more of afterwards.... so that'll definitely be an interesting story when the book is released.

And... I'll have to give credit where credit is due and that is to Hashim Al Alawi for the beautiful music he composed for the documentary. Ms. Enas sang the title track and even though I don't know Arabic, the song catches you - not to mention that it has a cool beat - so much so that you're tapping your foot to it by the time it's almost finished. Not to forget... Enas also has a beautiful singing voice and that didn't hurt. :)

The production team went to dinner after the Premier and that was great fun. I met and had the chance to talk to some amazing people, and I have to thank my hubby for that. The Director, Art, and his wife are so very nice, and boy is he smart! His wife is just lovely..... so very nice. Ali, Enas and Yasmine are some of the most interesting and engaging people, and they were so friendly to me that I felt like I knew them for a long time. I've experienced that feeling a little while living in Bahrain but this was an overwhelming openness and it touched my heart.... so thank you to all of you.

thanks for the evening... I'll never forget it.

No comments: